View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 10:05 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

When one gets to their bush block you wonder why on Earth did I not do this years ago.

And so often it is not money as usually there is something affordable some where...

re firewood.
Near the house you cut some trees at about 4 or 5 ft above ground level...now you have some logs to cut but the remains regrow usually in multiple trucks that in the future when a nice size you use for fire wood...its not the best wood but easy to get.

And if you have not been trained to use a chain saw make sure you read up at least...always wear a helmet as a common injury apparently ( havent seen one happen myself) is the saw kicks and you cop it on the top of your head.

I have a little Ozitto cordless that looks like a toy (plus real ones) but unbelievable how long they run for..but get one for the car, in the bush so often you find a tree across the road, and take it when you go for a walk as there will be lots of stuff you can cut...no need to bring it back either just start making little piles of fuel you can get when you need it...but after a while you can clear a lot of potential bush fire fuel and have little piles all over that you can use.

Another tip...have some water in bottles stored...things can go wrong with your water supply..all sorts of things you would not readily think of...leaks, contamination broken pumps etc...
How is your electrical stuff going?

Alex