View Single Post
Old 17-09-2010, 09:13 PM
hotspur (Chris)

re moon shot

WOW!IOTW!

Thanks everyone for the comments.Yes-lots of Planning and Preparation.

The plane follows the same direction every day-in a similar portion of the sky,I have seen it cross the moon 5 or 6 times over a few years,so I knew what I was doing was achievable.

I have noted the moon phase always one day after first quarter to four days after first quarter.

The hardest thing-was pulling that trigger! for real!,Yes Marc,only one shot-reason,I felt most comfortable with the trigger with one shot-and I just had to go by feel and to go by what I could see was going to look the best.

The other reason is the 450D is slow in quick shot mode,I was in RAW as well as JPEG,and I did not want the plane to be 'poking its nose out' from moon,or tail 'sticking' out.So one shot,I felt most comfortable with.so that's what I went for-yes-very game!

I have a 50D so may be next attempt might give it a go,but will do some dry runs first.Even then I am not sure if I will take quick burst of shots.for the above reasons.

Anyhow-adds to the 'thrill of the chase'-like a 007 movie "You only have one shot Mr Bond"