View Single Post
Old 17-04-2010, 10:56 AM
Art Bianconi

Location: The Delaware River Valley of Western New Jersey, USA
In fond memory of Ron Ravneberg

Hello everyone!

The picture you have here of Ron looking into an eyepiece while his green laser pierces the sky is a familiar one.

It's on my desktop as a reminder of how fortunate we are to have had people like him.

It's on my To-Do list to write to his wife Janet and his son David and let them know how much I miss him.

Ron and I exchanged many an e-mail and while we expressed interest in our meeting, fate stepped in with plans of its own.

While I am machine designer by profession, and have much passion for mechanical design, much of my adult life has been spent looking at those issues that influence how we show up in the world as people.

When Ron sensed a kindred spirit he volunteered that he as a behavioral therapist with a PhD in psychology, or at least that is my memory (which rarely should be trusted)

I can best sum up my experience of Ron as the perfect spirit for such activity. He was a "safe space", unpretentious, non judgmental and totally devoid of ego. The perfect person to make it safe to express things troublesome.

I know it's been 16 months since he died and perhaps this tome would have been more appropriate last January. I'm sorry. . . it took me time to find you, longer than I expected.

Thank you for the friendship you gave him and for having been a part of his community of passion for so long.

Clear Skies!

Art Bianconi
Milford, NJ, USA