View Single Post
Old 16-09-2020, 06:29 PM
NightSkyLK (Dineth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
I’ve had my Skywatcher 12” Goto dob for over 2 years now and I’m 60 years old 68kg wringing wet , plus back trouble since 22 yrs old from a work accident and have no trouble moving it from the garage to my observing location 8 metres away using my Bunnings parcel trolley , admittedly on a concrete driveway. It’s definitely not a remote scope but quite manageable at home. Goto is excellent , spot on every time after a 2 star alignment. Prior to that I had a solid tube 10” dob so nudge nudge all night , gave me the willy’s after a year trying to find objects star hopping, later on I even calibrated the base with azimuth markings and used a digital inclinometer to find objects quicker. You never look back once you use the Goto
Cheers
Ah good to hear the GO TO working well. Im also interested on the GO TO but not sure if its worth the extra $1k over the collapsible Dob. I feel like spending that on good EPs might be a better option. But i've seen through GO To ones and it tracks pretty well too so im still inclined towards it.