View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 07:31 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn488 View Post
Thanks for all the feedback and help.

Yes, will be for AP, not visual.

The area of Melbourne I live in is pretty much all clay. my payload will be around the 8-10kg mark + the pier. I have seen this done in so many ways from people using wooden posts, to concrete blocks to using the same amount of concrete that was used for the foundation of a skyscraper lol. Obviously there are limits and some over engineer when there is only between 30-100kg if that of equipment.

I have updated the diagram.

First option is using a PVC pipe filled with concrete all the way in then adding the adapter at the top. Pros include more stable, cons not removable.

Second option is the same approach but stop at the top of the pavers and install a pier. Pros include pier can be removed, cons not as stable as the PVC pipe all the way through.
Actually a poured pier can usually be removed, it just requires a concrete saw (hired from Kenards). And I recommend these bolts for the top of the concrete pier, just insert them about 120 degrees apart, into the wet concrete, when doing the final pour into the pier mold. Your cage bottom plate should be drilled to suit your bolt pattern.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/whites-o...-bolt_p1060324

PS you can buy steel or thick aluminium offcuts on eBay, or check local metal supplier scrap bins for offcuts.