View Single Post
Old 26-04-2010, 10:43 PM
darrellx (Darrell)

Ah, there you go, Fred. I may have been worrying over things for nothing then. With my planetaries, I video; use VirtualDub; Ninox; Registax or K3CCD. But I still use PS (or maybe PaintShop Pro) to combine the four channels into one image - Combine Channel; Combine from RGB. This is the fiddly part - making sure each of the images lines up correctly. Then I finish with PS or AstroArt.

With my current deep sky shots from the EOS400, I essentially go direct to DSS and still finish with PS or AstroArt. But these are already colour so there is no combining involved.

I was under the impression that with mono imaging (deep sky images) you got your three or four "final" images (one from each channel), then overlayed them manually in something like PS as well.

Are you suggesting that I have been doing it the hard way? What astro app will do the aligning for me?

Martin, sure. I am not too concerned over the choice of mono or OSC. I am more interested at this stage in the differences in processing. I think I am like quite a few here - I would like to do some narrow band imaging once I sort out some of the other issues. And yes, money is always an issue.

Thanks
Darrell