Thread: SBIG or QHY9
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Hagar (Doug)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Yep.

BTW the ST series PCB design (also for ST8300) is not new....SBIG have been running them for a few years with no known problems.

New chip in a mature product.

You are exactly right Peter. This camera base has been running for a few yearswith no known problems but it was quite alright for Alex to go back a year to the original release of the QHY9 and use teething problems with it as reasoning to recommend the purchase of the SBIG.

SBIG like all camera manufacturers have had problems with their cameras but I see no point in canning a unit because of a minor problem which is fixed very quickly and completely during a testing/teething period. I recall a few SBIG cameras which had to be returned to the States to have repairs carried out. Faults will happen and as long as the faults are looked at and repaired correctly and improvements made I see no need to go back a year to cast up these type of faults.

As Alex seems to want to call himself a SBIG Fanboy and this is his own wording. I would have to be considered the similar with regard to QHY cameras. I find they deliver the results at very good prices. This has been my entire argument the whole time. No need to dig back through the forums etc to find those unhappy with SBIG cameras and attempt to cast up these as the norm.

I am sure this camera will be a corcker of a camera, particularly at the price it is being offered at.

I am really not trying to bag the new camera but rather point out to the fanboy as he calls himself, that all isn't black and white and everything can be interpreted by the reader.