View Single Post
Old 27-01-2021, 12:29 AM
Rerouter (Ryan)

For the mount, its within margin of error, my mounts steppers only pull 330mA @ 6V on average with just RA, or about 160mAh @12V when converted with a DC-DC converter, I will be swapping things out later, so this may change, but modern drivers drop the voltage to hold the current, so the total power consumed by the steppers is usually low.

Leaving lots of headroom for other things, e.g. my camera only draws 280mA @ 7.2V, or about an extra 160mAh @ 12V, it becomes lower if you turn off the screen. if for instance I set it up for external power (very easy to trick the camera)

If you got fancier, say threw a guiding camera and some small PC to run PHD and other stuff, e.g. an intel compute stick, well the camera is max 500mA @ 5V, and the compute stick is 10W max, so adding a max of 200mAh for the camera, and a max of 790mAh for the computer,

For a total of about 1.3Ah consumption max, you could throw on a focuser, filter wheel and other accesories with that capacity battery and still be well within margin.

Your still looking at an expectation of greater than 24 hours runtime before the battery becomes flat.