View Single Post
Old 28-07-2020, 07:31 PM
roberto84 (Robert)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
BINTEL (GSO) dielectric diagonals are very good & excellent value for money.

Having had one with the SCT screw on adapter on a Meade 8" LX90, I actually recommend getting a 2" visual back & then a diagonal with the 2" nosepiece that slips into it...

I found the screw on diagonal to be a PITA just quietly, requiring several goes at getting it tight & in the right position.. whereas, screw on a 2" visual back & then just slip in the diagonal & tighten the thumb screws.. far easier...

As to eyepieces... how much do you want to spend? There are plenty of 'budget' or less expensive eyepieces that deliver great views...

Cheers
Thanks for the advice re the visual back...trying to find places online with all the parts is the other trick. That also increases the choices of 2" diagonals...

I dont mind spending for quality for a big bump in quality. Although I am sure they will be better than the bog standard entry level stuff I am using now. My aim is to slowly build up my eyepeices if I decide to go the expensive route. Spend the money and get what you want even if it takes ages.

As mentioned would be looking at a few of those explore scientific eyepieces. Looking at the 8.5mm (LER) and either the 24mm or 30mm.

Does anyone know if the Meade UWA or MWA are decent, dont see much of them in the Aussie online shops. Heard mixed reviews of the MWA, but that was a few years ago.