View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 03:09 PM
John K

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_pascale View Post
Hi John,

The RGB pixel align is just an analyses that lets you move the pixels 1 pixel at a time in any direction. Good, but no better than doing it manually in photoshop.

As for why RGB, well, I wanted to stretch it, to show the different colors you get in the mare which range from browns to blues.

I have a trial of pixinsight which I haven’t got my head around and it’s getting close to expiring. I’ll give that a try. Thanks.

How do all the planetary imagers do this? Or is it much more easy to hide because the images are normally a lot smaller? I thought I’d find more about this, but it seems I’m not searching the right things!

Ps. I hadn’t done and colour matching/grading yet. This is just the three raw stacks aligned as best I could.
Hi Rob,

For the moon, I never shoot RGB. Only either an IR685 filter or a red filter.

For the planets - I simply try and always have a consistent histogram with all my filters. RGB align in Registax 6 works well for Jupiter, Saturn and Mars for the best alignment. The seeing can greatly affect this - Blue is always the blurriest channel. Adjustments in color balance in Photoshop also works.

What is probably working against you as well is that you are using a refractor if I am not mistaken - there will always be a slight color fringe so maybe this is what you are seeing.

Have fun.

John K.