View Single Post
Old 13-06-2021, 11:11 AM
pkinchington (Peter (Kanga))

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
As long as your not representing it as astrophotography. I agree with the comment about context. Most people who do imaging strive for realism, well as much as narrowband can approximate. If you consider what the Lagoon might actually look like if you were out in space near it, I would be willing to bet that the stars involved would be the primary feature you could observe.
Hi Glen,
I believe that in any photography particularly "scientific" disciplines. What is important is to state the procedure that was followed. In this case I used an unmodified mirrorless camera and removed the stars in post processing. One could argue that the colours of the nebula have been rendered more realistic than in narrowband imaging. However if you state the procedure/component wavelength subs used and the subsequent mapping of the colours to the RGB channels then a narrowband image still has validity. When I initially processed my image that was taken at a dark site there were so many stars that I feel that they overwhelmed the image. This is why I also produced the starless version.
Cheers Kanga