View Single Post
Old 14-03-2012, 10:16 PM
LostBoyNZ (Graham Parker)

Hopefully it's just a matter of time

What I've been up to today is pulling apart more of the framing, and planning where the scope will go. This should work out ok On the left is the wall, and on the right is the wall plus where the roof slides along. The part sticking up on the far right is where the roof will push off to. So they'll be nothing before that to block viewing.

Doing this allowed me to figure out where to place the telescope in the room for the best viewing angles, and I can get a maximum of about 22.5 degrees in all directions This is measured by knowing where the bottom middle of the scope will be.

I calculated that by figuring out what will be a good height for the eye piece while sitting on a chair, what will fit under the roof (of course) and what will give the best viewing angles. Hopefully (!!!) this is all correct. haha. So the "pier" will be 1m high, and the roof (taking part of the wall with it) will go 1m away from the observatory as well.

http://img.acianetmedia.com/i/SeDI7.jpg

(the lighter grey on the left is because the room isn't quite square, but it's close, so I can use the measurements to know how deep into the room to place the scope too)