View Single Post
Old 28-03-2024, 10:48 PM
Renato1 (Renato)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniPol View Post
I had intraocular toroidal lenses fitted a little over seven years ago and have been very happy with the results. Google says :

Toric intraocular lenses (IOLs) are considered the most predictive way of correcting corneal astigmatism in a patient undergoing cataract surgery, as they may correct astigmatism as low as 0.75 diopters. Monofocal and multifocal toric IOLs are available and are chosen based on the patient's expectations.

I've always had astigmatism (about +ve 2.00 in both eyes) so had to wear glasses. After the ops which were a month apart I only had to wear reading glasses (around 500mm fl) and computer glasses ( around 400mm fl). Apparently always had better than 20/20 vision but the astigmatism was the bugbear. Nice not to wear glasses after many years so looking into eyepieces without them was great. The only issue I now have is floaties which have got steadily worse over the past three to four years, this can be seen to apparently but at a cost and is not guaranteed to be fully effective, part of the aging process I believe, I'm 73 now.
Thanks very much for your insights.
Apparently I've been lucky, the eye doctor said that my astigmatism was bad in both eyes, but somehow there was compensation between the two eyes - which was why I never wore glasses, except for looking at the night sky.

I'm waiting for him to ring me back to set an operation time, when hopefully I'll be by the computer and can ask him about Toric intraocular lenses, and the other ones mentioned in this thread.

I've been waiting for a few weeks. I haven't rung him because of trepidation and being happy to put it off. Oddly, the vision blur in my left eye is stiil there, but not as bad as what it was when I first went running off to see him.
Cheers,
Renato