View Single Post
Old 11-04-2024, 12:07 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Thanks gentlemen!
I don't have 3D printer capabilities and am not a fan of plastics for making stuff and was looking at some nice linear rails for a reasonable cost from an Aussie online place. If I wasn't so lazy and got outside while the sun is out today I could start welding up the stand for the milling machine I bought my son and that gives us the capacity to mill bits and pieces we'll want or need. It's not CNC but that will eventually be in the works. I ran out of argon shield gas, still have straight argon for the TIG I forgot how to weld with but I have a gasless spool here somewhere for the MIG, I can also use the arc welder, I bought 40x40 square hollow section with 4mm wall thickness for the stand. I have to get to the doc's in a couple of hours, no point in starting anything now and by the time I get home it will be too late to start I'm guessing.
Tomorrow.......

Cooling I have a nice rear refrigerator coil and smaller radiator (possibly out a a stripped chest freezer) here. Winter just running straight water through the big unit from the old fridge hanging externally on the wall of the shed would probably be sufficient but I will invest in a chiller of some description or strip the still new chest freezer I bought for an emergency (to freeze water bottles) when my old Kelvinator gave up the ghost until I got the cash for a new fridge. We don't use it for anything.

I also have a lot of Peltier coolers we play with and can mill a block (see comment about stand).