View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 06:34 AM
Ant0nio (Tony)
Quid Clarius Astris

I hope this doesn't become another
'if it isn't FPL53 it's substandard & the death of a perfectly good instrument CN style", there's been far too much of that already on the aforesaid forum.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, the image speaks for itself, nicely done Martin . I think returning the 121SDQ to Adriano might be difficult .
I own its little brother, the 76EDPH & could not be happier with it. With regard to the FPL53 topic, I'm not a bit surprised manufacturers & retailers are stepping back from the wholesale use of the term in favour of "ED glass" to describe their optics.
O'Hara has some healthy competition & manufacturers are likely keeping their options open in this competitive market & at the same time leaving the door open for other developing ED glass types & combinations of ED glass
(as Greg mentioned above) to gain a similar status to that of FPL53. Perhaps even O'Hara themselves would prefer their newer developments weren't overshadowed by their own legendary FPL53. Just my 2 bobs worth..
I can can vouch for SharpStar's commitment to quality & also Adrianos' knowledge in the field of optics. Sorry for the lengthy post, I'll go now...
Clear skies,
Tony