View Single Post
Old 19-10-2021, 07:30 PM
MeliCelestron64

Hello

Greetings to all. I am currently a star gazer via my own eyes only. Wanting to see more though, I purchased a really big scope in the hope to see both faraway facsinating planets and local ships on the bay. I had a decent budget and thought I had done enough research to make my own selection. It had to be mobile, it had to show me awesome deep space and it had to be great for a beginners eye to peer into and zoom in on the waters below. Enter the Celestron..

I went from deliriously happy to stunned silence as my stupidity dawned on me. And subsequently found that I could not easily locate the monster (as gorgeous as it is!) I had in my lounge-room in any suitable place, and nor could it serve most of its purposes because the perspective of my property doesn't allow for the deep space view I wanted and nor can a deep space telescope transition to view a city and bay-scape. I knew nothing!

A friend of mine suggested that I join this community to see what I could learn about different telescopes and astronomy and to perhaps list my naive order as a swap or sell. Over to the sell area for details for anyone interested..

Looking forward to connecting with many of you and learning what I should have in the first place