View Single Post
Old 13-07-2017, 09:09 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronobob View Post
Hi All,
I am considering Imaging with this 12" SCT & 3.3 x Reducer, for a few reasons, well, F/ 3.3 cant be 'snubbed-off' easily, in my books anyway,
Also, guiding tolerances would not be nearly as critical compared to F10 - 3 meters compared to around 1 meter ?
Also a much smaller - 'Mini-Guider' would save a heck of a lot of weight, enabling my Neq6 to cope with ?

Just thought to ask, & it really doesn't matter what mount is being used, but mainly the Performance of the typical Meade 3.3 Reducer in a photographical sence, , does it need a flattener, even tho my 12" SCT is an ACF version, which produces flat field & point stars to the edge, but I havent used any 6.3 reducer, so not sure of the effects either reducer has on the image plane ?

Do they magnifies any 'non existant' curvature at F10 which may show up at F6.3 or even worse/more at F3.3 ?

12"@ F3.3 would definitely 'hurry-along' the photon collection
I'd say it would be close to a miracle to get a flat field on an SCT reduced to F3 at prime. Why not use an hyperstar which has better correction if you want to go that fast?