View Single Post
Old 28-02-2021, 11:26 AM
Startrek (Martin)

I know I keep raving on about 2600MC but when you progress from a DSLR ( Canon 600D ) after 3 or so years and use the 2600MC it’s absolutely unbelievable
Canon 600D QE 38%
2600MC QE +80%

I don’t need to take darks although I take them anyway ( I processed with and without and can’t see any noticeable difference)
The noise floor is super low so at the end of my processing I only have to use a very low noise reduction to finish off the image

The detail especially on nebula at my image scale is tremendous whether I’m imaging under Bortle 8 in Sydney using a Duoband filter , Bortle 3 South Coast during a full moon with a Duoband filter or without during the dark
OSC Duoband imaging under Bortle 8 Sydney skies with moon or without is a game changer , I could never image nebula with my old DSLR under the same conditions, I tried but the images had very little detail and full of noise so I gave up and just imaged cluster when the moon was up

Also I’ve yet to image with this camera through the winter so looking forward to cooling this thing down to -20C or -25C and capturing the winter targets, nebula, clusters and some dim galaxies

This camera will never compete with Mono and filters but for a cooled OSC its the next best thing as far as my personal experience so far with this camera after 6 months use
It’s opposition the QHY268C cooled OSC is suppose to have similar performance with a few added features

Cheers