Thread: First Jupiter
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2021, 06:10 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasmanwill View Post
Thank you for enlightening me Marc. I read your post with interest and yes i do see and understand your point.

I am the first to admit i have a great deal to learn about astrophotography and astronomy in general and yes I am in the infancy of "ooh thats a pretty picture" phase. Yes I don't know anything about what Jupiter should look like from a scientifically correct perspective, up until a few months ago I only knew that it was stripey and had a great red spot. Forgive my ignorance but we all have to start somewhere.

It is an enormous subject that will take decades to accomplish and knowing where to look for information and choosing what to do as part of the process is at least half the battle, your advice (and future advice) will help me towards that goal, thank you

Right now (8 months in) I am simply pleased to be
1) under the stars
2) able to take shots/video of whatever I can
3) begin to string the myriad of new software, programs, processes and procedures to create any image at all

Ontop of the fact that i have been a mac user for 20+ years and am having more than enough issues with bl**dy windows 10!!!

I will take on your advice about AI, and i understand your comments about correctly representing the scene depicted. Following yours and @rustigsmed 's advice I will go back and "have another go"!

Thanks for the advice, I have broad shoulders!!
Not trying to start a sh|t fight but as you've probably noticed I loathe AI. Look, I always give an honest feedback. Good or bad. My point is that you have a 10" aperture and by the look of it you're getting really good data already. So why shoot yourself in the foot the last few steps by using a piece of software that is going to mangle it. Just use AS!3 and wavelets in Registax and you'll have a corker.