View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Dennis
Dazzled by the Cosmos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dindsy View Post
Great Pictures Dennis,
You're exactly right. My piece is for Eye piece projection and that's what I'm doing. The T-ring is a separate piece.

I'm just having difficulty focusing. I've been trying to do some daylight shots of a distant tree just for easy experimenting. The camera viewfinder shows a nice sharp image but the shot on the camera LCD is a big blur.

For star shots I haven't had much better luck although the blur is less noticeable because they're stars and small. But I think I'm still getting the same blur.

Is this something obvious or is it related to the post below about focusing SLR/DSLR's ?? Can I compensate without the addon's discussed?

cheers
Hi Martin

From your other post, the description reads like you are jumping in at the deep end, where even experts fear to tread…..

Using the DSLR (without lens) + Eyepiece Projection Adapter + Eyepiece gives you a highly magnified image, depending upon the focal length of the eyepiece used.

The stars may appear to be in focus on the viewing screen, but it is likely they will not be at the best focus, so in the final (> 3000x2000 pixel) image they will look blurred.

Also, if you press the shutter release manually, your contact with the release button is sufficient to knock the camera and ‘scope set up, which will trail or blur the stars, as will the vibrations of the DSLR mirror as it flips out of the way, unless you have a mirror lock up function.

If that is not enough, then it is likely that your mount (if it is tracking) would not be up to recording the star image as a dot for exposures of more than 2 or 3 seconds using eyepiece projection.

None of this is either operator or equipment error; it is just that you are pushing the envelope when using eyepiece projection.

Cheers

Dennis