View Single Post
Old 18-10-2021, 03:53 PM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Thanks very much Jeff, the impact was captured by a Japanese team and there is a video of CH4 data with the flash lasting 2 seconds.

Thanks Marc, John Rogers confirmed the feature in my data although at the approx co-ordinates of the impact is not related at all. I am surprised you do not see the feature though. It is well resolved in R, G, B and of course RGB. John Rogers tells me it is a NTropZ AWO. It is quite large but has low contrast and the dark spot within it is toward the trailing edge of the oval feature. So......look at the B channel image the oval structure is in the middle of the NTrZ it has a prominent red barge just preceding it below and nearn the border with the EZ. When you find it in the B channel look at the G channel where it also is well defined while the R and RGB define the centre of it but not so much the outline of the oval structure.

Hi Ron have attached another version of the B channel with the oval clearly marked, it is quite large but not related to the impact.
Thanks Trevor.
I did see that,but I thought you where referring to the impact site.
Cheers