View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 03:17 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Thanks Marc, that would unfortunately put it in the tree line from my back yard location.

Some nice tonality, given the thickness of Earth's atmosphere you are having to shoot through.

Cheers

Dennis
Ha yeah I'm lucky my west horizon is pretty clear. Just a lot of roofs giving heat that's why I try to catch it high when the sky is still clear. Shooting in 16bit gives you a better dynamic range and makes a difference when you shoot in daylight. I've given up on Mercury. Too low for my location and turbulence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
Loving your Venus imaging lately Marc, what band pass is your IR filter.
Thanks mate. On this one I used a 807nm Astronomik IR. I also have the 742nm IR from the same brand. TBH I can't really see any difference on Venus or Mercury. I can on Jupiter and Saturn though. The 807nm gives me a little more contrast. I saw a handful of shots at 1000nm with some details. I'm not sure if it was the location or processing or the actual filter but these are the only Venus IR shots with significant details that I have seen. I have a 850nm and 900nm 10nm wide so I might give it a go with that. I also have a polarized filter which is supposed to give interesting results. Straight Blue and Violet filters give different variations as well. So you can easily map Blue, Violet and UV to RGB. Something I want to try as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
Marc, this is amazing!!!
Honestly, well done mate!

Thanks a lot Andrew.