View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 04:28 PM
Stephane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Stephane,
Sounds like NINA is giving you trouble with that DSLR
Maybe give Backyard Nikon a trial or APT a trial
I know NINA does everything but I’ve found using different software for specific applications works really well too.
As far as I’m concerned BYEOS is the easiest most comprehensive frame focus and capture software for DSLR’s ( I’m sure Back yard Nikon would be similar ) They are not the complete package , capture stack and process etc.... but hey the work well , never had an issue in 4 years with my Canon 600D ( I still use my Canon for planetary imaging , see attached images ) Does NINA do planetary with the DSLR ?
Attached are my notes on SNR and Noise etc.. for your info
Cheers
Martin
Yes Martin, NINA is giving me a hard time with my humble Nikon. I read online that using the EQ6-R snap port will override the 30 second limit. So I’ve ordered another cable which I receive in a week. I hope to revisit the Horsehead, get much more data, fix the spider vane and image in hopefully cooler conditions.

I am looking into BYEOS, but I just love so many of the NINA features, my favorite being the easy polar alignment within half an arc minute, which doesn’t hurt my guiding. I don’t even need to have the OTA parked as I have an obstruction directly south. That said, I could always polar align with NINA, then switch to BYEOS for imaging. Let’s see if this cable fixes the issue first.

Thanks again for the guiding parameters, I am consistently getting a total error of 0.65 which is way within the “good enough” margin for 1,000 mm focal length.