View Single Post
Old 24-01-2024, 01:13 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Thanks Don!
I hadn't heard of them before but I remember when I hadn't heard of SVBony and everyone asking if there stuff was really worth wasting money on, I know how that turned out, everyone is buying their products. I've only got ND filters and a microscope through them but the quality is amazing, especially on the microscope.
I did end up getting a near new 5X powermate for a remarkable price.
Though I stupidly tried it on the moon just the other night (only clear night in months) and not thinking (rushing, I shouldn't have been out with a telescope) and I shoved a 12mm eyepiece in it with my RC8. Turns out with the powermate I was up around 800 times magnification, way beyond even the theoretical limit of my scope and I of course couldn't focus a thing.
I should have shoved my 40mm, 30mm, 25mm or 20mm in there, I just didn't think at the time.
Next clear night I'll try it on something other than the moon but the moon is an easy target to find and focus on.
My mount should also go straight to it since my son changed the date to 24, it couldn't find the moon when I accidentally set the date to 1/21/23 and I thought it was just the mount having a seizure. Eventually I just slewed manually.
I can be such an IDIOT at times.....