View Single Post
Old 27-12-2023, 01:16 PM
Leo.G (Leo)

Astromania 1.25" 4-Elements 5x TeleXtender

Has anyone heard of the Astromania TeleXtender?
I saw a manufacturers site (I think) where it had 287 x 5 star reviews, all left on the same day by the same bot with the same identification.
I tried to leave a review stating the reviews are fake but it didn't save, oh well.

I want a 5 times extender, preferably a Powermate but finances dictate I'll take anything remotely usable and reasonably priced since my 8" telescopes can only produce grain of sand size images of planets.
I've read the reviews on the Tele-vue items an am aware of their quality however I've seen mention there's good items coming from Meade and Explore Scientific at lower prices, I just came across the Astromania on Amazon Aus. Not that I ever buy anything from Amazon.

Yes, it's cheap and I know the old adage, "if it seems too good to be true it probably is"

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Unlike a local friend who thought he was buying a new Honda Motorbike from China for $1,000 and going to sell it for $12,000 because they retail here for $14,000. It seems he lost his money and he's grateful he didn't order and pay for a container load of the things. He's still looking for his first million dollars.