View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 11:35 AM
mura_gadi (Steve)
SpeakingB4Thinking

Hello,

Thanks for the responses, I have taken photos and I'm trying to upload them now.

The goto part of the telescope was just an extra, and tbh, I am yet to run through the setup procedures.

I'm a very happy little camper wherever I point my scope normally. The goto is great for keeping the planets in the ep though. I micro-adjust rather than pass the object across the eyepiece as I have edge-of field issues with some ep's.

I got the what I will call "Knightowl" 2" eyepieces, there are certainly enough reviews around to put ppl off these eyepieces. I bought the 15mm and 30mm used for $50, on my f/6 dob setup, they have been great upgrades from the provided super-plossls. Paired with the 1.5 barlow for the extra 10mm/20mm, the views are really good.

(General Tip for viewing, if you normally get contrails from overhead aircraft, you can use them to judge good viewing nights, the shorter and sooner the contrails go, the better the nights viewing)

The chair I couldn't agree more with, got mine for $20 at the trash&treasure. Adjustable from 53cm to 79cm and I'm 6 foot or so, that gives me 35-90 degree from the chair. The back rest I also recommend if you suffer from chills on your lower back, tucks in the jumpers and jackets nicely in winter.

Thanks for the tip on vibration padding, at the moment I am leaning towards getting a petrol generator for power. I use mains at home and camping with power will make "tele-camping?" a little easier. The units on ebay are well priced atm and the generator will get more all round use.

Also should mention, by a complete fluke I managed to get a "tap" test down under 2 seconds. So the change over in material hasn't reduced the weight by much.

I ran into "admin" problems attaching pictures, think I was too slow and got my login timed out. So, I'll try and post the main pictures again.

Thanks all
Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Analogue inclinometer.jpg)
153.8 KB100 views