View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Dooghan (Dooghan)

Thanks for the welcome guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Welcome to IIS Dooghan, your going to have a great time here. It's a great place to rekindle your interest in the stars.
Tell me about it. Lots of great info here and I currently drooling over the great pics you guys take. I could really get into astrophotography one day but I'm happy with what I'm doing at the moment. I'm sure as time goes on I'll move up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
I think your quite lucky to see a meteor break up it must have looked great. I've seen a few through the scopes FOV and their always a buzz.
Just don't tell me it's once in a life time thing. I'll be really disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Welcome Dooghan, Welcome to IceInSpace!

Thanks for introducing yourself, there's getting to be a few more members from FNQ lately.

Sounds like you're making great use of your binoculars, don't forget to keep asking questions and I look forward to more of your contributions on IceInSpace.
Don't you know that FNQ is the best place to be. Did I mention that we have 3 weeks straight of cloudless skies and I was out for most of them Is that another cloudless night tonight I fine the binoculars give a lot better view of the DSO then the telescope. I mainly use the telescope for the planets now days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick View Post
Welcome Dooghan - this is the place to be, along with being under clear skies at night!! How is M31 looking from Rockie (at 3am!!!)??
It just happens I have to get up for work around that time and was one of the first DSO I tried to find. As I live in South Rocky (city glow to the north) and it's just above a street light It's been a hard one to get a good view of. I'm real keen to make a early morning trip to the north side on one of my RDO's when I get the new binoculars for a better view of it.

Dooghan