View Single Post
Old 20-05-2012, 09:35 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Hi folks.

I've been following this stepper motor system development for some time now, even built the original unit based on an ebay development card.

Dave add temperature compensation to this and refined the firmware/software.

I liked the unit so much (as did others) Dave had dedicated PCBs made and put it out in kit form which I snapped up for myself and another IIS user. Dave did a fine job with the PCB kit, just neat...the little things, like:
Routing the PCB Temp probe tracks to the a dedicated sensor jack and also thru the motor DB9 connector (so you can put the temp sensor near the focuser);
Routed the PCB motor DB9 connector so it was the same as Moonlite/Robofocus pin to pin compatiable and also routed these tracks to a header (if you want a different connector).

I don't often get excited about things and it would have to be special for me to do so...as big Kev used to say (for those old enough) "I'm excited"!

I'm running the SharpSky with a new Moonlite clutched motor system...works a treat. Good thing about the ML...you can change your geared stepper for ~$90USD for more/less step positional accuracy.

The best thing about this stepper controller...works with all ASCOM compliant focus software!

Future developments...well that's up to Dave to tell suffice to say.....there is more in the skunk works.