View Single Post
Old 29-12-2016, 04:43 PM
gaseous (Patrick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOwls View Post
Wow! 16" will be a big step up from an 8" indeed! Man would love to see the view through that! It's funny as I was eyeing off a second hand 16"and moving my 10" on!! Thanks for the filter advice, I will hunt one down I think. By the way do you have your (or will you) have your 16"set up in a permanent spot? Do you star gaze often? What objects or things do you view most often or what inspires you with astronomy? To be honest I haven't seen much yet but then again I am still learning where things are and how to use my equipment, although I don't like my dodgy eyepieces that came with my Skywatcher 10"....Logan seems to be not too bad for viewing..hopefully a good sky tonight!!
Regards
Andrew H
Yeah, I figured if I'm gonna get more aperture, scratch the itch once and for all! I won't have it permanently set up - probably lug it out/roll it out when required. I try to get my scope out maybe once a week, weather permitting, but when the moon is anywhere near full it's pretty pointless at my place for anything other than viewing the moon itself. Once a month near the new moon I try to get out to a comparatively darker site which makes a big difference on fainter DSO's - this is usually with a facebook group called AstroAnarchy who have several wise heads there who can answer a lot of questions.