Thread: StarAid
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2021, 12:51 AM
Zuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneCosmos View Post
At the moment, as much as I’d love to give this device a ringing endorsement, at the moment I simply can’t. I have now spent three nights trying to get this thing work in vain.

I’m more than happy to accept I’m doing something silly but this device is extremely simple in essence. Connect to the guidescope and ensure it is focused, turn it on and do nothing else except image.

Plate solving is really hit and miss and completely confusing too. For example I click the ‘Recognise’ button and it starts capture and platesolving And 99 times out of 100 it will fail but if you go to another screen then back it tells you your location as it was successful all along! When it is successful I think great snd click the polar alignment screen snd it begins to platesolve again but now if fails! Two seconds ago is platesolves the same patch of stars successfully - nothing changed but now it fails.

Random modelling the scope to different parts of the sky brings differing levels of success. If that’s try it is simply too intolerant of regular conditions to be useful.

I look forward to hearing from Staraid themselves. I sent them the log file as re
Requested.

Chris
I had high hopes for this, good luck and hope it all works out. Maybe you can find someone in Brisbane and try it on their setup...