View Single Post
Old 18-03-2021, 07:37 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Looking good and suitably space like. Plastic and GRP panels sound like they have bit too much tolerance. I suppose they send you you case of high grade silicon.

The secret Apple camera rotating thing drives me mad. I have to edit in mobile PS and save before I post. Extremely and deliberately annoying to non Apple users. My IMAC is the same. Sooo intuitive!
Ray,
Thanks, yes the interior does look like the crew compartment of the Space X Dragon capsule ( less high tech touch screen )
So far I’m fairly happy with my NexDome ( build only so far ) but they need to improve on QC when sending product outside Canada and the US
1/ Hardware bags were labelled correctly but were short on some items and too may on other items ( Bunnings to the rescue )
2/ The installation manual is poorly documented and out of date ( they need to improve on quality and detail of drawings ) A lot of guess work in a few steps of construction. Plus NexDome has had some design changes , again not documented
3/ Power supply for Dome rotation controller had a US plug cord ( lucky I had a spare AS one in the garage )
4/ The Dome rotation groove formed by the joining the roof panels need to be redesigned or improved to reduce the gap and irregular step ( 5mm to 6mm ) from one panel to the next ( I had to fill this gap with 2 applications of silicon to ensure the guide wheels run across this join as smooth as possible and not get stuck ( maybe their injection moulding machine needs calibrating?? )
5/ The build itself went ok with most precast holes between overlapping panels lining up , I think only 4 or 5 I had trouble with ( holes in the ABS panes were not cleaned out and still had swarf curling out )
6/ The local supplier in Melbourne, Sidereal Trading ( Diego ) have been great in keeping me updated throughout the whole 8 months supply and delivery process , and also during construction , Diego was only a call away for advice and tips during the build
So just a few QC issues and design issues to be addressed, but so far fairly happy
Once I’m up and running I suppose all those little issues will be forgotten
Yes IPhones can be a pain sometimes
Next ( final ) update and photos will be when everything is finished and operational
Cheers
Martin