View Single Post
Old 19-12-2023, 05:50 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesilver View Post
Martin, I appreciate all the advice and information.
There are still a few little things i can't quiet get my head around with this remote access,
I think i just need to go and read up on this a bit more, I think i have the basics understood, just a few odds and ends that don't quiet make sense to me yet.
It is all very much appreciated.
Pete,
In simple terms Remote Desktop is just hypothetically moving the local laptop’s (functionality) adjacent to the mount which is controlling the mount to a location inside the house.
When setting up , a Remote Desktop icon is placed on the normal Desktop window of the house laptop to open Remote Desktop.When initiating Remote Desktop on the House laptop, you can minimise that Remote Desktop window and expose your laptop’s normal Desktop screen.
In essence Remote Desktop is just another window over your normal Laptop screen which duplicates all programs on the Mount laptop.
Think of it as just an App on your inside House laptop and when you click on it and open it via a password , provides the same window and functionality as your laptop outside adjacent to your mount.

Hope that helps ( a bit )

Cheers
Martin

Last edited by Startrek; 19-12-2023 at 06:25 PM.