View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 01:51 PM
vapeinspace (R)

Smile New guy in Perth saying "Heeeeeeeey!"

As promised... Heeeeeeeey!

I signed up a couple of days ago and thought I'd quickly stop in and introduce myself to anyone interested.

I'm Ryan, 34 and like many of us, I've often looked up at night and wondered many questions. I like a good sci-fi movie... everything from newer movies like Interstellar and The Martian to classics like Metropolis... Blade Runner, Contact... The list doesn't really end. Apollo 13 and just about any documentary on space, the planets and the universe.

I've previously owned a few basic reflector telescopes at varying times in my life but I only recently started/attempted to take it more seriously.

I started the hobby up again about 3 months ago, just in a fun and backyard amateur kind of way. I bought my first GOTO about two months ago, just a basic 80LCM from Gumtree but it's been a good start so far and I've been out most visible nights when possible.

I buy a lot of second-hand gear, most the time something needs fixing but I enjoy doing all that, however I have found it difficult to sort spare parts for Celestrons. Maybe I'll ask you guys for some help one day.

What I'd really like my end result to be is beautiful colorful AP pictures of nebula's and other deep space objects. I've bought a few camera's and I'd like to remove some filters from them at some point so I can see a wider spectrum of light.

I've been playing around with software but I still have a heap to learn. I've been enjoying the experience and I've found it a great way to relax and forget about everything happening down on Earth.

I'd smoked for around 18 years and stopped 72 days ago. I discovered vaping and since that day I've gone from 4000 chemicals to around 3-4 without any problems or wanting to throw things at people. According to the UK government it's around 95% safer than cigarettes and I strongly recommend vaping to anyone who currently smokes cigarettes or finds it hard to quit, or like me, didn't even want to quit.

The sensation of vaping is so close to that of a cigarette I believe we finally live in a world where people no longer need to be hooked on something so expensive and dangerous.

I just thought I'd include the above in my intro because it's important to me, a big part of my life and it's part of my username. So if there's anyone who currently smokes, who's interested in quitting or even someone that smokes and is not interested but wished deep down they could quit... I want you all to know that I'll provide as much free advice, and point you in the right direction so you don't get put off by cheap inefficient gear. Just let me know. I'm not selling anything I've just trying to spread the word.

Anyway!

Thanks for an awesome place to meet and talk about our interests, so great it's an Aussie website too. I look forward to annoying many of you with noob questions, buying your second-hand gear and passing on what I can share.

Thanks,
Ryan