View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 04:51 PM
JA

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronobob View Post
Aewesome work and great image JA, I was wondering if anyone had attempted this, I noticed scorpio was right there beside the red moon...
Good show & well done !
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc View Post
Very nice indeed JA, it wasn't the easiest target with such a short totality.
I'm about to post my attempt of the same thing, was a fun and pretty rare challenge - next time we can get nebulae next to the Moon will be an eclipse in 2029, not so far from the Lagoon and Trifid. That'll have a longer totality too.
Thanks for the kind words Bob and Andy. It was such a rare event I wanted to record some memory of it, but alas I didn't get the deep colour/nebulosity one sees in typical Rho Oph. deep sky images which require exposures in to the several minute exposure range. I did take one 20 second exposure at ISO200 along with my 10 second set of 49images at ISO100. Maybe if I play around with that one image I could coax some more colour from that and combine it with my 10 second x49 stack. I might try one cloudy night.

Looking back (easy to do) I should have tried my modified Nikon D800 for some more red as well as my standard D750 backup. Oh well there's always 2029 for something similar (not with Rho though ).

Best
JA

Last edited by JA; 03-06-2021 at 05:03 PM.