View Single Post
Old 30-01-2006, 11:19 AM
h0ughy (David)

I had an absolute ball, going to bed the first night only due to fog and dew at 3am, then 3.30 the next night and I think 2.30 or so the last night.

I would like to thank the weatherman for the near perfect skies, cloud free!!
Mike did a great job getting the detail drawn together, Ed and Brendan helped immensely getting the keys and unlocking the houses and organising the crew from the gresford RFS for catering, they went way beyond with their friendly service and help with the garbage and food!

Alan Meehan did a wonderful job on the t-Shirts, they will no doubt be the envy of other star parties for quality and attention to detail, they just looked great! the speakers, as Mike said, were great, although I must confess I slept through the talks due to being bu99ered.

Many thanks goes to Gary K for the inspirational baptisms (river swims) and his enthusiasm and inspirational pep talks throughout the camp. You have a lot crammed up there mate, lots of wonderful and helpful knowledge!

Andrew and "Hector" for his "all" night talks kept the punters awake!

Eddie (orion) for his 18" wizzbin, allowing me to use a few naglers on it, very ordinary views mate!!

Thanks too for Striker and especially [1ponders] for getting me drift aligned and the great offer from Atlas!!

Mike Boggan, what a legend! Those are now famous sausages Mike!! You do deserve a huge pat on the back for that one not only making but cooking for over 80 people at a time!!

The beers that were shared at the Taj were great, as with the company in Lostock Heights, the heat made then really nice!

I had a ball, the friendly crowd from Qld, those from south coast, sydney and Canberra, Newcastle (and I must say a good representation from The NAS) just to name a few of the people who helped make the event what it became. I think the relaxed and cooperative atmosphere made this event, so congratulations to all attendees

Here are some examples of what i looked at, Lostock Dam, orion, beehive (M44) and Saturn, pleiades, orion and running man, and George flaked out in my doorway after a big night
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMGP0929 (Large).JPG)
105.9 KB93 views
Click for full-size image (IMGP0896 (Large).JPG)
97.8 KB74 views
Click for full-size image (IMGP0945 (Large).JPG)
21.4 KB79 views
Click for full-size image (IMGP0970 (Large).JPG)
73.9 KB82 views
Click for full-size image (IMGP0984 (Large).JPG)
50.8 KB61 views
Click for full-size image (IMGP0977 (Large).JPG)
25.9 KB70 views