View Single Post
Old 17-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Visionoz (Bill)

Theo will supply you with proper instructions on "how" to do the driver installation correctly including loading ASCOM platofrm first - do read his readmefirst text file on the CD - the EzCap software that comes with the CCD is quite basic - yep most of the imagers seem to use it very successfully with MaximDL and I use my QHY11 with Nebulosity 3 as well choosing only the ASCOM camera type - Craig Stark wrote to me confirming that he is going to include a QHY11 specific camera choice in Nebulosity 3 pretty soon

+1 for Theo - no-one has complained yet about him to date AFAIK!

HTH
Cheers
Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meru View Post
Hi Alistair,

Thank you What aspects or 'quirks' are there that you dont like? But yes, its very popular for (good) reasons I guess. Im not sure what software it comes with, I'm going to talk to Theo tomorrow about it. Considering I'll be awake and with the scope when I take it out, I'm not too fussed (yet ) about the automation but it certainly will be a good feature. Once I get it I think we'll be in a good position to have a great imaging session, atleast from my end. Cant wait to try it out and am also curious to see how your QHY8 works as well. I'll be in touch soon