View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Tandum (Robin)

I had an sbig mono a while back and cooling is pretty weak, it could not get below -10C here in summer and dewed up regularly. I believe they have retrofitted a heater to the sensor window to stop dewing. Most of the single stage cooled cameras will be similar. Atik claim to have dual stage cooling but they count water cooling. The Atik 11002 I used the other week managed -15C but it wasn't a hot night, I was wearing a jumper and tracky daks on the night. My qhy9 will do -25C indoors during the day in summer. It is listed for sale here.

The new sbig stf pro comes with wheel, 7x36mm filters and oag but I see it listed at US$4995 + shipping and gst. I ran a starlight wheel with the qhy9 and 7x36mm filters, no problems there at all. I don;t know anyone running an atik wheel but it does have 54mm threads so you'll need adapters. I believe the 1.25" filters in the qsi internal wheel are only good down to F5. The new camera has an option for a different size again, 31mm unmounted I think it is?

Last edited by Tandum; 16-04-2012 at 05:42 PM.