View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012, 10:14 PM
Meru (Michael)
More stars please!

Thanks for the responses guys

Greg,
That makes an interesting read. I was happy to go with the Astronomik but I heard about their (earlier) issues with haloes, and a fair few people recommended Baader. But yes, 1mm is so thin!! I think I'm going to save a little more and settle on the 2" filters. Astronomik does mention a 10 year warranty on their filters for haloes, and that really does say alot for the company. Do you happen to have any photos comparing?

Mark,
No don't persuade me to QHY again! Its taken me so long to narrow things down this far But definitely, the value (and from what I hear the service from Theo) is great. But his site does not mention the price of a QHY9 alone; Do you know what it is at the moment? And the thing is, if I buy from Optcorp it comes to about $3100 for the SBIG/2" EFW/2" Baader LRGB/NB. So for the extra $600, I feel like its more solid deal since the EFW with the QHY9 is a RS232 (not usb) and the 2" filters are QHY, not from Baader (which ive heard many great things about).

Paul,
If only my wallet was so big I suppose after many years with the ST8300M I might upgrade to something like the 11000, and by then Ill probably be more serious about imaging and will buy a Apogee/QSI/FLI