View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 12:38 PM
renormalised (Carl)
No More Infinities

Post Hasselblad HD3-50

Been having a look at the new Hasselblad HD3-50 and downloaded the specs. What a sweet piece of kit!!!. I thought it'd be a lot more expensive than what it was (nearly $43K Oz), but it's still pretty pricey. Here's both the "official" official site and the Oz site if you want to take a look....

Hasselblad

Hasselblad Aust

I nearly fell over when I found out how many pixels it has...50 million!!!!

It'd be sweet if you could connect one of these to your scope, however I think most scopes would have a hard time getting their light cones to focus across the full width of the chips in the camera....nearly 50mm. Plus you'd have to mod the camera by removing the IR filter....on a $43K camera that's something you'd really have to be sure of doing!!!

The phocus software though.....that is one awesome piece of software. Was watching the demo on the site....makes processing a cinch. More intuitive to use than PS by the looks of it, plus it runs on both Mac and PC/Windows.

As I said...a great camera. Technically excellent, takes fantastic pics and is a thing of beauty itself. Well worth owning if you have the money to buy one.