Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 05:49 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

A little bit of progress...I had emailed the supplier of the gate track motor but had not heard and I thought my email was lost...anyways today I spoke to Robert and placed my order and paid the money over...he read the order back and sure I got the motor and gearctrack but also some GST whatever that is...

It is a big punt..I have no idea if it will work and relying on my endless supply of good luck to make it all work...

AND ...I had ordered another security camera recently from one of those adds claiming they have destroyed the industry because of their fabulous camera...well I ordered one and when trying to pay for it there was an offer of another for half price or something...so I thought why not and tried to complete my purchase but I seemed to get caught in a loop..I paid the bill which was less than the price of one of the cameras that I already have...but I was not sure if I had ordered one, two or even three...well today the package arrived...four new security cameras ...anyways I go from, only months ago pulling out my hair trying to get just one security camera to work to now where I have six of them...

Anyways I hope to have one monitoring the smooth operations of the observatory roof rolling back and forth under the command of one of the two remote control units...

And I hope that I can get it all working not only for me but for others ...as so far this system is reasonably cheap compared to what is out there and it seems that we may have a decent chap at the supply end...

Anyways it is coming by freight so when it arrives I will post some photos and get it all working..

I am thinking to hang some photos to have people wonder why..say Napoleon, Stalin, Queen Elizabeth stuff that will have visitors wondering what the conection with astronomy..but it would be good if I could find say those people had some link...any ideas?

Alex