View Single Post
Old 15-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Shiraz (Ray)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB View Post
Thanks Ray for your feedback. Yes, you are right, the SW is more than "adequate" (wrong choice of word). Prhaps keeping the 10" is a good solution if I can mount it on an EQ6 or on an EQ/AZ mount. But given that my scope in a truss/collapsible one, I don't know if it can be easily monted on a EQ mount. Can it be done without major modifications? If it is, the combination ofan EQ mount, and 80mm ED refractor + the 10" would work out cheaper than a C9.25, I think.

Eric
not seen it done Eric, but the primary tube extends on both sides of the CofG, so in principle it should be possible to fit tube rings without any mods at all. Not sure of the stability of the truss - have you had any problems with collimation drift while imaging with it in az mode? There is clearly a risk that it would not work out, but it would not cost you much to try it - you will need something like an EQ6 in any case, so the additional cost would be that of the tube rings and bar. If it isn't stable enough, sell the Dob and the tube rings and go to plan B? It's a possibility anyway. regards Ray

Last edited by Shiraz; 15-03-2013 at 05:14 PM.