View Single Post
Old 13-07-2021, 07:48 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

The EQ6-R Pro is really a better option...it already has belt drive and lets face it to modify a EQ5 with belts it costs money making the price difference less.

The RQ6 will probably carry your Red Cat and your next scope both at the same time...I have 2 EQ6 and 1 HEQ5.

The 5 is great but the 6 beats it really.

I recently purchased a RASA 11 inch which is now on the EQ6 and I am confident although I am pushing the limits the 6 will handle it... years ago I carried a f5 12 inch and it managed of you pointed mainly up and did short exposures...

You may think you will be always happy with the Red Cat but it wont be long when you want a longer focal length...now look around at folk in the hobby..they all have a stable of scopes...I love wide fields, bit just use a camera lens and would love a Red Cat..but there is a 6 inch Newtonian, 80 mm refractor, 115 mm refractor, a eight inch Newtonian and a 12 inch Newtonian and now a RASA 11 inch...the 12 and the 6 need repairs but all others have specific jobs..think golf..you need more than a putter...and so you need a good golf cart ...
Good luck and remember you did ask.
Alex