Thread: StarAid
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2021, 08:24 AM
OneCosmos (Chris)

I have ordered the SVBony 30mm guidescope - because Amazon had it for $69 - cheap enough to be worth testing.

As disappointed as I am that I haven't been able to get the thing to work as advertised, I'm even more disappointed with their customer service and I'm not even convinced at the moment that their service portal is monitored at all - it may be nothing more than a cathartic front. I may be being uncharitable though as I only raised the case on Friday, but I think most vendors would have responded by now at least with a 'I'm looking at it and will get back to you shortly' message written by a support person rather than a computer.

Interestingly I submitted a request for info to them on 11th June and they never responded to that one either. ON their website they have a link to Returns, which is a different email address. I wrote to that too - no response whatsoever.

I have now written to FirstLightoptics asking for their help instead as the place of purchase.

Right now, I have to say be highly circumspect about spending money on this device - it was a punt that so far has not paid off for me.