View Single Post
Old 14-06-2022, 12:38 PM
Ryderscope (Rodney)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura_gadi View Post
My zooming is limited to getting extra details not as a critiquing exercise, the image should be judge as a whole imo. As a non-ap' person all images deserve a degree of credit...

As for my personnel taste, I must say seeing the big fat Red/Blue and golden stars are the thing! A lot of imagery focuses on nebulosity etc and fail to capture the various star colours around the framing.
Thanks for the response Steve. There are different ways of looking at this when it comes to astro imaging. If one is looking at an image 'as is' on the screen with a view to appreciating it as the author intended, then I could argue that there is no value in zooming in to 300% and then finding artefacts that are not visible otherwise. However if the image resolution supports zooming in for extra details, that is a bonus as we can get extra information that we would not get otherwise. Conversely, if the objective of zooming in is to conduct a technical evaluation by looking for the amount of noise present, chromatic aberrations or other issues, then fine - go for it. Once again though, if one cannot see the issue when displayed to fit within the confines of the display device, why bother?

CS,
Rodney