Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2022, 03:11 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

My foot pain is back unfortunately and rather debilitating but with all the talk of batteries and charging etc I realised I had forgotten to install the voltmeter my assistant had wired into the system to let me know the volts in the battery bank.

It was hanging by two wires ... Not ideal

So I found some masonite and set up to make the housing using the jig saw however I saw a facebook video this morning showing cutting a square hole with an angle grinder so I went that way. Lucky there was a square hole in the board that housed something in its pripr life but perfect for the voltmeter.

After some filing it finally fitted so I screwed it in...what there is no reading!!!???...what could it be???..something major?...no it turned out due to the constant handling both wires on the voltmeter had come off only after I had screwed it in..however whew...that could have been a message of something very very bad.. so I fixed it and screwed it back in place...looks great and I can tell at a glance if I need to start the genny..

Lucky I purchased a new inverter when I did .it has been sitting on my bench still in its box but I find the fan in the current inverter in the van has stopped .it still works but prolonged use poses a fire risk so it must get changed today.

I went to the main house for lunch and the wind picked up dramatically and when I get back to the van the tarp that I have covering it has been ripped down the middle so it must have been rather wild down here.
The annoying thing is the time it will take to tie down a new one...it is not an easy job for one person as you have to run around getting everything lined up..
I may just leave that one there and drag a new one over it..I can use the rain water gathering tarp...although best to leave it set up for its job.

So although slow the show moves forward.

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20220222123834_resize_28.jpg)
190.6 KB39 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20220222125219_resize_15.jpg)
104.8 KB40 views
Click for full-size image (IMG20220222123227_resize_46.jpg)
115.3 KB30 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 24-02-2022 at 11:06 AM.