Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 18-02-2022, 12:56 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thank you Martin you are so helpful and an inspiration to everyone.

I wont let small things ( or big things) stand in my way.

Ordinarily I would have had the power supply available and I actually spent the early part of the day putting a plug on a 240 to 12 vlt power box to power the mount..I am trying to run everything from a 240 supply which actually comes initially from a 12 vlt system..my main reason is to avoid accidents via reverse polarity which,even though one is careful, do happen..it can be a devestating accident sometimes ..and if the electrical system fails, and they do, I can just turn the genny key and continue.

It seems only like last month, to me, that you got that "new" camera...and your images are most impressive..you probably dont need to go narrow band but it is just one of those things you need to do..playing with the 80mm last night I wondered why I went past it . so easy ro manage and great captures...I fear the RASA may not deliver ..I already suspect I will need new filters..anyways I will give it a decent run
But the manufacturer leaving off a cable management system given the camera placement for such a scope and to sell it with a manual focuser is unforgiveable in my view.

Anyways back to work.

Thanks again for your input I always greatly appreciate it very much.
Alex