Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 05:16 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well I spent a couple of hours at the observatory yesterday afternoon and drove the Earth stake as far into the ground as I could, sitting down using a sledge hammer, and connected the Earth wire ..plus generally tidying up and sorting stuff..AND came down again last night fitted a camera which at first did not respond..The power lead from the new shed was not carrying any power so I plugged the lead straight into the inverter by passing the power outlet board... So after some mucking around had the camera working..However fun when I rolled off the roof..it caught on the end of the shed and there was a moment where it seemed like the end of the shed would collapse..it was getting caught on something but sprung free and opened..I had asked my assistant to trim a protrusion but he bent it and that was what caught up...we will fix it after lock down.
Having tested the camera on some trees I hoped it would work but no ... I needed to adjust spacing but by then it was 11pm and I had had it.. remember this was my first effort past going to doctor appointments...so slow but I managed...also the EQ6r has a slipping clutch which wont go away by tightening..feels like oil on the bits???
Anyways I managed to close the roof, cover everything and called it a night...no photos and they are a long way off..the EQ6r may be taxed with the RASA 11 inch but no worries there is a EQ8r in transit..it is finally on its way...
Will try and sort the spacing today but I have a feeling I will need another bit...anyways a monumental effort and I am very happy that I lasted so long.
It will be interesting to see if I can walk today as my legs are really sore from all the new effort.

Alex