View Single Post
Old 24-08-2013, 09:01 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Unhappy Never, ever, thought it would happen to ME!

Hi all,

"Sports" injuries are something one never thinks can happen unless you are an athlete. Let lone when one is playing with their kids!

Yesterday, playing a bit of soccer with my son, retrieving the ball, I turned and I heard a "POP" and felt as if someone had thrown a stone that smacked me in the right calf muscle!

Holy heck! The pain was excruciating, . I looked around for the culprit who threw the stone, but none was in sight - 'coward' I thought,

I was felled, and walking was NEARLY as bad as giving birth (sorry ladies, this is a bloke talking!).

I had heard of that "POP", and seen footage on tellie about rupturing muscles. Cringe worthy alright. But, never, ever, ever thought that I could do the same, A torn calf muscle...

Now, I'm laid up with a busted pin, and getting crocodile tears from the missus. Only my little son cares for me!!!

Moral of the story, a few stretches before running around if you don't run around too often, can save a long and painful recovery. I just didn't bother with them this time, and oh how I wish I had...

Mental.