View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 11:35 AM
pmrid (Peter)
Ageing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Hi Peter,

That is strange as the larger stars are not duplicated, but some of the smaller ones are in lines I make to be 19 long, with some gaps, so maybe close enough to 24 as some may be one on top of the other.

I would have a careful look through of all your 24 subexposures, flicking back from one to the other to see if you indeed have some sort of star movement, but given the larger stars and the central nebula don't appear smeared I don't think you'll find any. That then suggests some form of error in the stacking routine. Perhaps try to repeat the stacking with different stacking software and for the heck of it redo the stacking with the original software you used in case there was some form of transient glitch or incorrect setting.

Best of luck

Best
JA
I’ll try that.
In the meanwhile, I had this thought - if I had hot pixels AND a degree of drift between subs, the darks would not take out the hot pixels because they would be in a different position - so they would show up as a series of dots in the general direction of the drift. But why is the image not streaked as well?
My PA is spot on, balance as near to perfect as I can get. The only other wildcard is perhaps the mount head has some tilt in it.