Thread: Oag ts9oag?
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Asterix2020 (Paul)

Oag ts9oag?

I've started a new thread with a more appropriate heading. After lots of researching I've decided to update the focuser on the RC8 to a Moonlight with the 68mm threaded barrel and motor focusing.

For the OAG, only a TS9OAG will work with both my ED80 with flattener and the RC8. The TS9OAG has a M48 thread on the scope side which will connect to the flattener on teh ED80, and a 68-48 adapter on the RC8/Moonlight.

I did consider the Hutech OAG5 but it seems a lot more expensive, plus I'm not sure what adapters I need, and I don't think it will work with the ED80 with flattener.

So I'm interested in feedback on the TS9OAG, especially with DSLR. Also my CDS-600D is a different form factor to a 600D, I'm concerned where some people have had problems with the guidecamera stalk hitting the camera body. And some people think it's a but flimsy.

If I went with a Hutech OAG5, and had the RC8 and ED80 both on the mount, can teh RC8/Hutech guide with no camera attached? That way I can leave everything setup (when the ROR is finished) and only swap the imaging camera.